Tuesday 23 February 2021
Good afternoon all,
Please find the following information providing staff with an update on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Following the latest advice received from the NSW Ministry of Health, there has been further easing of COVID-19 restrictions due to the lower risk of community transition. These changes include:
• Staff and visitors are no longer required to wear masks in group homes in NSW.
• Staff and visitors are no longer required to wear masks at Day Programs in NSW.
• Staff are no longer required to wear masks during home visits.
• There are no restrictions on the number of visitors a resident can have each day or at any one time in residential (group home) care facilities
• The restriction on people who had travelled to New Zealand since 15 February 2021 has now been removed.
o Note: Restrictions still apply for people who have been to contact tracing locations of interest in New Zealand at the dates and times listed.
However, staff must continue using other forms of PPE (gloves, gowns), where required, and practice ongoing infection control practices (hand washing, social distancing). All staff and visitors are still required to ‘check-in’ at all Mercy Connect facilities using the QR Code System for contract tracing.
Although Mercy Connect has eased some restrictions, in line with governmental advice, we are continuing to monitor official advice and guidance daily, and may reintroduce such restrictions at short notice if there is a reported increase in COVID-19 cases within the community. Staff can access these updates via the NSW Health Disability Support Providers webpage at https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/disability-support.aspx.
Further updates will be provided as additional information is received.
Together we grow.
Chief Executive Officer