Tuesday 25 May 2021
Good afternoon all,
Please find the following information providing staff with an update on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Case Alerts in Victoria
As a result of the latest COVID-19 outbreak within Melbourne, a raft of new restrictions will be introduced across Melbourne from 6pm tonight, including:
• Limiting private household gatherings to five people per day.
• Limiting public gatherings to 30 people.
• Masks will be required indoors for everyone aged 12 and over unless an exemption applies.
Staff should not visit any known locations where there is a risk that they may be exposed to COVID-19.
To check current locations of concern, please access this site at the Department of Health
The locations listed are where there is a higher risk you may have been exposed to COVID-19, however, it is not a complete list.
The information is based on advice provided to the Department by people who are confirmed cases.
Risk locations will remain on the list for 14 days from the most recent exposure.
Staff are reminded not to enter any Mercy Connect facilities or sites if they:
- have been in the Whittlesea Local Government Area in the previous 14 days;
- have been to any close or casual contact locations in NSW, or New Zealand;
- have been in places of high concern in Greater Melbourne in the last 14 days;
- have COVID-19 symptoms – fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19;
- are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period.
- live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating;
- are waiting for a COVID-19 test result;
The Department of Health is currently vaccinating anyone 50 and over as well as people in Phase 1a and Phase 1b.
People aged 50 years and over can receive the AstraZeneca vaccine at Commonwealth, state and territory vaccination clinics, participating general practices and Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services (ACCHS).
- People under 50 (in Phase 1a or Phase 1b) can receive the Pfizer vaccine at selected clinics.
- Please visit the Vaccine Eligibility Checker to see which locations are available within local areas.
Staff can email Rosie Busuttil who will be able to provide you with a signed letter confirming your employment status with Mercy Connect
Mercy Connect is required to keep an electronic register of all visitors to its facilities and sites. Please ensure that all staff and visitors have recorded their attendance using the QR system.
Chief Executive Officer