Tuesday 22 June 2021
Good afternoon all,
Please find the following information providing staff with an update on the COVID-19 pandemic.
Staff are reminded not to enter any Mercy Connect facilities or sites if they:
- Have been in the Greater Sydney (including Nepean Blue Mountains, Wollongong, Shellharbour and Illawarra, but excluding Central Coast) in the previous 14 days; or,
- Have been in places of high concern in Greater Melbourne in the last 14 days; or,
- Have COVID-19 symptoms – fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19; or,
- Are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period; or,
- Live in a household with a person who is currently self-isolating; or,
- Are waiting for the results of a COVID-19 test.
Further advice received from the NSW Health Public Health Response Branch includes:
- There are new COVID-19 exposure locations in ACT.
- There are new close or casual contact locations in Queensland.
For further updates on current locations that are of concern visit Department of Health https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/exposure-sites
It is compulsory that all staff and visitors sign in at Mercy Connect facilities / sites using the QR Code. The electronic system is a legal requirement and highly important for contact tracing.
COVID 19 Declaration / Questionnaire
A reminder that all external visitors / contractors must be approved by the CEO Office, or Ms Caroline Cummins (Executive Leader – Clinical Services). A COVID-19 Declaration / Questionnaire form must be completed prior to the visit and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Mercy Connect staff and external visitors are still required to wear face masks when working with participants in any setting / location, until further notice. Any staff requests for exemptions to the Mercy Connect-specific restrictions must be referred to Ms Caroline Cummins or the CEO Office.
Please note that this current COVID-19 outbreak is an evolving situation, and further restrictions may be put into place without prior consultation or warning, subject to government advice or alerts
Together we grow.
Chief Executive Officer