Good afternoon all,
Following today’s NSW Government announcement, Cowra NSW will be under a seven-day lockdown (stay-at-home) order, commencing from 5pm Monday 20 September 2021.
In response to this situation, I would like everyone within our Mercy Connect family to be aware of the current restrictions at Mercy Connect.
Corporate and Central West Offices
Both Albury (St John’s / Thurgoona) and Orange (Illamatta Way) offices are closed to the public. This includes, but is not limited to, participants, family members / carers, external contractors and suppliers. Exceptions to this directive will be at the discretion of the CEO Office. Previous conditions apply to all office staff who are currently working in the office or working remotely.
Day Program and Accommodation Services
- All Mercy Connect Day Programs, across all sites, remain closed.
- There will be no change of location for those who currently work in accommodation sites, and their shifts will continue as normal; this situation will be monitored and is subject to change.
- Mercy Connect owned / managed homes will be closed to the public for the duration.
- This includes, but is not limited to, family members / carers, external contractors and suppliers. Exceptions to this directive will be at the sole discretion of the CEO Office and Executive Leader – Clinical Services.
- Participants will not be permitted to attend any external Day Program facilities / activities during this time, with Day Program activities only to be offered within the Mercy Connect owned / operated home.
- Participants of shared (group) homes may individually travel outside (with only one Mercy Connect staff member), whilst maintaining social distancing practices / wearing a mask (unless a mask exemption applies), only for the following ‘essential’ reasons shopping for essential items, medical care, and outdoor exercise.
- Individual participants living in single accommodation may travel outside (with only one Mercy Connect staff member or one participant’s family member), whilst maintaining social distancing practices / wearing a mask (unless a mask exemption applies), only for the following ‘essential’ reasons shopping for essential items, medical care, and outdoor exercise.
A reminder to all staff, that there is another opportunity on Saturday 25 September for all eligible Mercy Connect staff, their families and participants to receive the vaccination.
Please click here if you wish to book online. Please note when booking online it will be under the COVID Bookings – Sarkon Medical Group – Mercy Connect.
Details are Lavington Centro Shopping Centre Shop 29 (Next to Carpark) 351 Griffith Road, Lavington NSW.
Central West Region
You must wear a face mask:
- When you are outside in a public place including;
- on a street or at a park.
- queuing outside a cafe or shop to collect take away food or drink.
- walking on a street near shop fronts.
- In all indoor areas of non-residential premises, including workplaces
- When working in an outdoor area.
You may only remove your mask for the following reasons:
- Eating or drinking.
- Working alone in an office (until another person enters).
You have documented evidence of a medical exemption to not wear a mask.
A reminder of the importance and legal requirement for all staff and visitors to use the NSW Service QR Check-in at all locations. This is extremely helpful in facilitating contact tracing.
NSW Health recommends that anyone with any COVID-19 symptoms should be tested for COVID-19. You must isolate until you receive a negative result. Follow the isolation information for people suspected to have COVID-19 infection. Refer to COVID-19 clinics for locations of NSW Health COVID-19 clinics.
Mercy Connect will continue to closely monitor all available information and provide communications to staff, families and guardians.
I would like to thank staff, who are continuing to work through all the challenges that we are currently facing. Staff are strongly encouraged to seek additional support if required through your Team Leader / Manager, or Mercy Connect’s confidential and free counselling service – AccessEAP on 1800 81 87 28.
Together we grow.
Executive Leader Clinical Services