Thursday 24 December 2020
Good morning all,
NSW COVID-19 Outbreaks
Following my earlier communication (21 December), we have just received the latest update from NSW Health providing advice for residential disability care providers.
The following requirements come into effect for Mercy Connect immediately:
- Until further notice all staff and visitors must wear a surgical mask whilst in a Mercy Connect group homes / participant’s private dwelling.
- There are no restrictions on people from regional NSW visiting participants in Mercy Connect group homes / participant’s private dwelling.
- Family members / guardians must not have visited any of the declared ‘hot spot’ locations.
- Residents of group homes may visit family members / guardians over Christmas / New Year period.
- A declaration form must be completed by family members / guardians.
- Any participant who has visited a declared ‘hot spot’ location (or may have come into contact with a person who has visited a declared ‘hot spot’ location), will only be permitted to return to their group home once they have been COVID-19 tested (and received a negative result).
- Staff must not present to work who:
- have been in any of the locations listed here: https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-updates#latest-covid-19-case-locations-in-nsw for new case locations.
- have a fever (37. 5°C or higher) or symptoms of COVID-19 (acute blocked nose congestion has been added to the list of symptoms).
- are a close contact of a person with confirmed COVID-19 and are within their self-isolation period.
- Staff will only be permitted to return once they have been COVID-19 tested (and receive a negative result):
- Records must be kept of staff and visitor entry and exit into Mercy Connect facilities for contact tracing purposes i.e. using QR Code scanning process.
I hope this provides some comfort and assurance to participants and families / guardians during this festive season. As always, we will continue to monitor the situation and provide further updates / directives, as required.
Together we grow.
Chief Executive Officer