Please find the following updates and information (correct at the time of this publication) on the current restrictions and requirements for Mercy Connect facilities. As we enter the next phase of easing restrictions, I urge all staff and visitors to Mercy Connect remain vigilant in adhering to social distancing practices, good hygiene and to stay at home if feeling unwell or displaying any cold or flu-like symptoms.
The following update will cover:
- Flu Vaccine Program
- COVID-19 Booster Vaccination (Pfizer) Pop-Up Clinic
- Visitors to Corporate Offices (Albury and Central West)
- Day Program
- Facemasks and PPE
Flu Vaccine Program
The Flu Vaccine Program will commence again this year at Chemist Warehouse for Mercy Connect staff located in Albury. The Flu Vaccine Program for Central West will be confirmed soon.
The flu is the most common vaccine preventable illness in Australia.
The flu is a highly contagious viral infection. It may be mild in some, but it can cause very serious illness, hospitalisation and even death in otherwise healthy people. It is especially serious for babies, people aged over 65 years, people with underlying medical conditions and pregnant women.
Immunisation is a safe and effective way to help protect you from the flu. By getting immunised, you also help protect those that are too ill or too young to be immunised and help slow the spread of the disease.
It is important to get the flu vaccine every year. The virus strains that cause the flu change each year and the vaccine changes each year to match these strains. Chemist Warehouse is using the 2022 quadrivalent vaccine from mid-March for the flu immunisation service.
Please follow the below steps:
- Please contact Debbie at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 6043 3500 to receive a voucher. You must obtain a voucher before proceeding to step 2.
- Click on the link here to make a booking.
- Type in your postcode to bring up a list of your nearest participating pharmacy.
- Select the date and time you would like to book in to.
- Enter in your contact details (email, phone number, name, DOB, Medicare, address, etc.).
- The voucher location for 2022 can be entered by selecting “Voucher” from the drop down “discounted by” box under each attendee. This will allow Chemist Warehouse to accurately identify which customer in each booking has used each voucher.
- Under “Got a voucher code? Add it here”. Type in your code, click ‘Apply’ and continue with your booking details.
COVID-19 Booster Vaccination (Pfizer) Pop-Up Clinic
The Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) has recommended that everyone aged 16 and over to get their booster three months after their primary two-dose course to maintain the best protection against the coronavirus and be considered ‘up-to-date’.
Staff are strongly encouraged to ensure that they have their COVID-19 vaccine booster shot. If you have not yet received your COVID-19 vaccine booster, please follow the link below to book your appointment.
Further to recent communications, Aspen Medical will be conducting a Booster Vaccination Pop Up clinic for participants and staff. Details are below:
Date: Tuesday 1 March
Time: From 9.00am
Venue: The Chapel, 30 Bottlebrush St, Thurgoona, NSW, 2640
Please note that only Pfizer vaccinations will be offered. Also, the date and time may change at short notice.
Staff vaccinations: Please contact Jeanie Keeton by Wednesday 16 February to confirm your attendance and time. Appointments will be booked at 15-minute intervals.
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone – 02 6043 3500
Please ensure completed consent forms are made available to Aspen staff on the day.
Consent forms can be downloaded here:
Whilst not yet mandatory, if you would like to inform Mercy Connect that you have had your COVID-19 vaccine booster, please contact the People & Culture Team, Jeanie.Keeton@mercyconnect.org.au or Rochelle.Taylor@mercyconnect.org.au
Visitors to Corporate Offices (Albury and Central West)
Corporate Offices at both locations will be open to visitors with the current provisions:
- All visitors to complete a COVID Declaration. Completed declarations are to be submitted to Debbie White at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All staff and external visitors must continue to check-in using the Service NSW QR code, which is located at all Mercy Connect locations.
- All visitors must provide valid proof of vaccination or medical exemption.
- All visitors must follow current PPE requirements i.e., face masks to be worn at all times when indoors.
- Two visitors aged 12 years and over plus 2 visitors under 12 years per resident per day.
- All visitors over 12 must be fully vaccinated or have a valid exemption.
- Residents are permitted to leave Mercy Connect owned / operated properties to exercise, recreational activities and to attend small family gatherings provided they adhere to restrictions in the Public Health Order.
- Residents are permitted to have overnight stays with families but require negative RAT to return home.
- Residents shouldn’t leave the accommodation if they have COVID-19 symptoms until they have been tested and received a negative result.
- Current Day Program to continue in smaller groups.
Facemasks and PPE
Face masks are to be worn by staff and visitors:
- In corporate offices.
- For Day Program and accommodation supports during both indoor and outdoor activities.
- Additional PPE for personal care and other close contact personal activities but not general activities.
- Participants who are able to, are to be encouraged to wear face masks when they leave their home.
- When travelling in vehicles, participants who are able to, are to wear masks while travelling in the vehicle.
Together we grow.
Chief Executive Officer