Our Therapy and Clinical Services Team will work closely with you to understand your needs and develop plans to help you to reach your goals. Our specialised services will enable you to develop the skills you need to bring about positive change and lead a fulfilled life.
Our Positive Behaviour Support services aim to help you lead a fulfilled life by improving your social, communication and living skills. Support is provided based on the underlying principles of choice, participation and inclusion.
What do Behaviour Support Practitioners do?
At Mercy Connect, our highly experienced Behaviour Support Practitioners work with you to understand behaviour as a way of communicating and develop strategies to reduce behaviours that others might find challenging. We do this by using a Positive Behaviour Support Approach and work collaboratively with you and your support networks to achieve your goals.
A Positive Behaviour Support Approach understands that all challenging behaviour has a purpose. It is a comprehensive approach to assessment and intervention that focuses on your needs, your environment and aims to improve your overall quality of life.
What we can offer:
- Functional Behaviour Assessments which help us better understand who you are and the purpose of certain behaviours.
- Positive Behaviour Support Plans to assist you and the people who support you, to manage inappropriate, challenging or unsafe behaviours.
- Assistance to develop a range of skills such as managing your emotions, improving social interactions and relationships.
- Restrictive Practice Authorisation advice.
- A range of training and workshops to build the skills and capacity of you and your support network.
Our Positive Behaviour Support services are based in Albury, NSW. Our qualified and experienced Behaviour Support Practitioners can provide services in a range of settings including your home, school or other settings in the community.
If Positive Behaviour Support is in your NDIS plan, we would love to know how we can support you. Please get in touch with us by calling 02 6043 3500 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org to speak with a Behaviour Support Practitioner today.
Looking to switch providers?
If you are not satisfied with the service you are currently receiving, you can change to a different provider at any time. We can assist you with switching providers if you are interested in receiving your Behaviour Support Services through Mercy Connect.
Positive Behaviour Support is funded under Improved Relationships in your NDIS plan.