St John’s was founded by Albury’s Parish Priest, Father Dunne, and the Sisters of Mercy in 1882 at Thurgoona as an orphanage for girls. St John’s Cemetery is a privately owned and operated by Mercy Connect, and is located in Dunne Avenue, Thurgoona, New South Wales.

Internments at St John’s Cemetery are mainly reserved for local Sisters and other people who have a strong connection to the building and past support services. For enquiries or submissions relating to St John’s Cemetery, please contact Caroline Cummins, Chief Executive Officer (Interim) at